Everest Base Camp Trek with Helicopter is a short but unique tour to Everest Region in Nepal. This trekking tour is most suitable for those who don’t have much time to do 14/15 days long trek but want to enjoy the superb view of the world’s highest peaks, including Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Ama Dablam, and many other snowy peaks. While on the short trek, you will enjoy a unique Sherpa culture, traditions, and lifestyle of the mountain people. The first time trekkers and senior citizens visiting Nepal especially prefer this trek and Helicopter flight because of short trekking days and spectacular aerial views of the high mountains. Inhabited by the legendary ethnic Sherpa people, the vicinity offers you the close experience with a very nice settlement of the people and insights to their unique culture and living style at the alpine, remote mountainous region.
Everest Base Camp Heli Tour is a lifetime dream for many travelers to reach the base camp of the world’s tallest mountain, Mt. Everest. Trekking to Everest Base Camp is the perfect opportunity to set foot at the foothills of Mount Everest and explore the local culture and traditional life of the Himalayan people. Everest Base Camp trekking is more difficult and challenging in terms of altitude. On the other hand, Everest Base Camp trekking could be a better option to enjoy close-up mountain views and adventurous feel as compared to any other treks in Nepal. Every year thousands of trekkers visit Everest Base Camp especially in spring (March-May) and autumn (Oct-Nov) as Everest and other peaks are seen distinctly from all directions during this time.
Along the trail, one will encounter unique flora and fauna, friendly Sherpa people, yaks, colorful festivals and Buddhist monasteries. Blooming of different flowers like Rhododendron, magnolias, blue pine, chir pine, juniper, and hemlock in the Sagarmatha national park and along the trail make the Everest Base Camp trek more delightful for nature lovers. At Namche Bazaar we take a rest to assist in better acclimatization and for further exploration of the surrounding before continuing the trek further. The close-up view of Everest and other mountain peaks from KalaPatthar is the most exciting and memorable one.
Trekking journey begins with a short flight to Lukla, a small town which is also regarded as the gateway to the Everest region. In Lukla a variety of shops and teahouses cater to tourists and trekkers, providing Western-style meals and trekking gear. The trail passes through a dense forest of rhododendrons, fields of barley and apple orchards following up the Dudh Koshi River towards Namche Bazaar where we spend one extra day for acclimatization and exploring colorful market and village. Then, you head for the high point of the trek-Kalapatthar to have a closer view of Himalayan peaks like Pumori, Chola, Lhotse, Nupse Everest and many more. Besides, these high peaks we can also see a huge snow-covered valley with small peaks around in the south and on the northwestern Tibetan mountains. Being on the top of Kalapathar you will surely forget the man-made world and disappear into the virgin world of nature.
From Gorekshep, we will take you back on a helicopter. The ride on a helicopter will give you the chance to see the mountains along with the Himalayan range without trek and difficulties. Also, the mesmerizing Gokyo Lake is seen from the helicopter. Within 20 minutes heli ride you will get back to Lukla airport, short break for refuel Helicopter and then Heli ride back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Himalayan Adventure Nepal highly recommends Everest Base Camp Trek and return by Helicopter especially to Senior Citizens, Family with kids and those who are unable to do longer trek due to a short holiday in Nepal.
- Everest Base Camp Trek takes you on an incredible adventure to one of the highest destinations in Nepal, Everest Base Camp.
- Enjoy a short hike to KalaPatthar, a famous landmark in the Everest Region, where you can catch an up-close view of Mount Everest’s summit
- Witness the Himalayan lifestyle, culture, language, and cuisines of Sherpa inhabitants.
- Catch the magnificent sight of some of the highest peaks on Earth, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam.
- Enjoy a beautiful sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Valley and witness some of the most popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Enjoy the thrilling and most dangerous airport in the world at Lukla
- Fun and intoxicating views from helicopter.
Everest Base Camp Trek and return by Helicopter– Outline Itinerary:
Day 01 –Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m). Overnight at a Hotel.
Day 02 – Fly to Lukla (2,804 m) and Trek to Phakding (2,610 m) – 3 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Day 03 – Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441 m) – 5.5 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Day 04 – Namche Bazaar Acclimatization Day. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Day 05 –Trek to Tengboche (3,860 m) – 5 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Day 06 – Trek to Dingboche (4,350 m) – 5 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Day 07 – Acclimatization Hike to Nangkartshang Peak (5,083 m) – 4 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Day 08 – Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m) – 5 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Day 09 –Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,365 m) & walk to Gorak Shep (5,180 m) – 8 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Day 10 –Morning Hike to Kala Patthar (5,555 m) – 2 hours and Helicopter back to Kathmandu (1,400m) – 1 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Day 11 – Transfer to the International Airport for final departure.
We will stay in a three-star hotel,(upgrade upon your request) located in Kathmandu and the tea house during hiking. All accommodations are shared by two people. Single room will be available based on the additional charge. The Himalayan Adventure Nepal will organize rooms with private bathrooms as well as electric blanket bed. However, tea houses in some places have only shared toilets. It’s easy to find individual rooms in Kathmandu and low trekking trails, but can be difficult to find at higher altitudes.
On our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese cuisine and the most common international cuisine (Tibet, continent, Italy, India, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served at the tea house or the house menu, where we will spend the night and lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be served during the trek and at Kathmandu, only breakfast will be served. The hotel will also offer welcome and farewell dinner for the guest.
Is it possible for me?
Everest Base Camp Trek with return by Helicopter is a difficult trek but it is highly demanding and suitable for passionate walkers who have the ability to walk at least 4-6 hours a day with a light rucksack at least the trekker need to be prepared physically and mentally as you might even need to walk 4 to 6 hours each day. Walking in higher altitude is more physically demanding than walking in the lower altitudes; however, if we have good health with average physical fitness, positive attitude, self-confidence and strong determination, we can accomplish the trek successfully. It will be better to have exercised and jogging regularly before embark on the trek to enhance our strength and stability. Past hiking experience is preferred but no technical skill is required. It is important that we consult with our doctor before booking this trek. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood disease should inform Himalayan Adventure Nepal before booking the trek.
HAN has provided all the information on its website. If you have any confusion please call us or email us anytime. We wish your happiness. Your happiness is our success. Adventure with lifetime experiences is our main mission in Nepal.
- Group Size1-15 pax
- DestinationKathmandu, Nepal
- Max Altitude5,555 m/ 18,225 ft
- MealsFull Board During Trek
- Accommodation3-star & Tea House
- Trip StyleLodge Trek
- ActivitySightseeing & Trekking
- Arrival and departure by private vehicle
- 2 nights deluxe accommodation with breakfasts (at 3*-5* Hotels in Kathmandu)
- Special welcome dinner in typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural programs
- Very special farewell dinner in Kathmandu after the trek
- Kathmandu to Lukla flight tickets with airport tax
- Kalapatthar/Gorekshep to Kathmandu flight by helicopter
- All meals (Lunch/Dinner/Breakfast) during the treking
- Luxury lodge with Electric blanket beds (Including Yeti Mountain Home & Hotel Everest View)during the trek upon request
- Fresh fruits after dinner while on a trek
- Unlimited Purified(medicated proof) safe drinking water will be provided by Guide, while on a trek (if you want)
- Government licensed and well trained English speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Porters (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local and government taxes
- Company Duffel Bags, Down jackets, sleeping bags, and trekking poles (if required)
- First Aid kit along with Oxymeter, to measure your Oxygen level as well as pulse
- Trekking route Map
- Adventure certificate at the end of the Trek
- Nepal arrival visa
- Your meals in Kathmandu besides Welcome, farewell dinner and breakfasts
- Personal expenses like all kinds of drinks including mineral water, and alcoholic and soft beverages
- Your travel insurance that covers trip cancelations, Helicopter Evacuation as well as medical and health
- Tips to the Guide and Porter (as an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation