Mardi Himal trek is a short, newly- explored trekking route in the Annapurna region. This trek would be the best option for those who are looking for an ‘off the beaten track’ trekking experience in the secluded part of the Annapurna region of Nepal. Very few trekkers make their way to the Mardi Himal Base Camp situated at the foothills of Mardi Peak and the spectacular Machapuchhre. The trail goes along small labyrinthine paths, through deep rhododendron forests until we climb out of the forest at an elevation of 3,310 m. The landscape changes quite unexpectedly into a rugged high mountain landscape, with tantalizing mountain views of Mardi Himal, Machapuchre, Hiunchuli, and Annapurna South. While trekking, we will pass through hidden valleys, terraced farms, sparkling rivers and local settlements where we will come across unique cultures and traditional way of life.
There is an advantage to do this trek as the trail makes a small circuit up to the base camp of Mardi Himal. When we return from the base camp we do not need to backtrack over the same path and terrain. Though this trek looks ‘off the beaten track’ you don’t need to stay in camps. Along the entire trekking route, you will find guesthouses where you can spend nights and get basic food. This trek could doable round the year.
10 days Mardi Himal trekking package would be a perfect holiday for beginners, family group and for those who want extraordinary experience in the Annapurna region.
Himalayan Adventure Nepal highly recommends Mardi Himal Trek especially to Beginners, Senior Citizens, and Family with kids, off the beaten track seekers and those who are unable to do longer trek due to a short holiday in Nepal.
Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek– Outline Itinerary:
Day 01 – Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m). Overnight at a Hotel.
Day 02 – Drive/flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara
Day 03 – Drive to Phedi and trek to Pitam Deurali (2100m.) 45 minutes drive 3/4 hours trek
Day 04 – Trek from Pitam Deurali to Forest Camp (2520m.) 6/7 hours
Day 05 – Trek from Forest Camp to High Camp (3580m.) 6/7 hours
Day 06 – Trek from High Camp to Mardi Himal Base C amp (4500m.) via Upper View point(4250m.) and back to High Camp 7/8 hours
Day 07 – Trek from High Camp to Sidhing Village (1700m.) 6/7 hours
Day 08 – Trek from Sidhing to Lumre (2-3 hours) and drive back to Pokhara(822m.) 2 hours
Day 09 – Drive by Deluxe Tourist coach or flight back to Kathmandu
Day 10 – Transfer to the International Airport for final departure.
We will stay in a three-star hotel,(upgrade upon your request) located in Kathmandu and the tea house during hiking. All accommodations are shared by two people. Single room will be available based on the additional charge. The Himalayan Adventure Nepal will organize rooms with private bathrooms as well. However, tea houses in some places have only shared toilets. It’s easy to find individual rooms in Kathmandu and low trekking trails, but can be difficult to find at higher altitudes.
On our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese cuisine and the most common international cuisine (Tibet, continent, Italy, India, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served at the tea house or the house menu, where we will spend the night and lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be served during the trek and at Kathmandu, only breakfast will be served. The hotel will also offer welcome and farewell dinner for the guest.
Is it possible for me?
Mardi Himal Trek is a easy trek but it is demanding and suitable for passionate walkers who have the ability to walk at least 4-6 hours a day with a light rucksack at least the trekker need to be prepared physically and mentally as you might even need to walk 4 to 6 hours each day. Walking in higher altitude is more physically demanding than walking in the lower altitudes; however, if we have good health with average physical fitness, positive attitude, self-confidence and strong determination, we can accomplish the trek successfully. It will be better to have exercised and jogging regularly before embark on the trek to enhance our strength and stability. Past hiking experience is preferred but no technical skill is required. It is important that we consult with our doctor before booking this trek. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood disease should inform Himalayan Adventure Nepal before booking the trek.
HAN has provided all the information on its website. If you have any confusion please call us or email us anytime. We wish your happiness. Your happiness is our success. Adventure with lifetime experiences is our main mission in Nepal.
- Group Size1-15 pax
- DestinationKathmandu, Nepal
- Max Altitude4,500 m
- MealsFull Board During Trek
- Accommodation3-star & Tea House
- Trip StyleLodge Trek
- ActivitySightseeing & Trekking
- Airport pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- Special Welcome dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant with cultural program
- Deluxe Tourist bus from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu or flight upon request
- Tourist Standard Accommodations in Kathmandu(2 nights) and Pokhara (2 nights) with breakfasts
- Private transport from Pokhara to Phedi and Lumre to Pokhara(Jeeb/Scorpio)
- 3 meals during the trekking(B/L/D) followed by cup of tea/ coffee
- Best available Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- An English speaking, local government licensed trekking guide
- Required porters for carrying luggage during the trek(1 Porter for 2 Client’s)
- Foods, accommodations, equipments, well paid salary and insurance of guide and porter.
- Unlimited Medicated/ Purifed Safe Drinking water during the trek
- Basic First Aid Kid
- Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket and Trekking Pole on Rental basis (if your require)
- Company Duffel bag and Trekking route map
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fees
- All necessary local and government taxes
- Nepal arrival visa
- Your meals in Kathmandu besides Welcome, farewell dinner and breakfasts
- Personal expenses like all kinds of drinks including mineral water, and alcoholic and soft beverages
- Your travel insurance that covers trip cancelations, Helicopter Evacuation as well as medical and health
- Tips to the Guide and Porter (as an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in our Cost Included section