Khopra Danda trek is a newly opened trekking route in the Annapurna region. This trek takes you to the off the beaten track through rhododendron, oak and pine forest, with amazing views of awe striking mountains such as Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna (I, II, III and south), Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre, Lamjung Himal and Nilgiri in the background. If you are lucky, you can encounter Himalayan wildlife such as yaks, pheasants and other birds. If you are interested, you can also hike up to the holy and beautiful Khayar Lake. This is a very unique trail still not used by many people in the Annapurna region. Khopra Hill trek begins with a scenic bus ride from Kathmandu to Pokhara and next morning trek through the lively ethnic Ghandruk village. The trail follows to Tadapani and then on the off beaten trail to Bayali which goes through thick forest of rhododendron, oak and pine. You will not meet anyone else here as it is a very rare trail and lodges here will provide a very home stay feel . The trail takes you even closer towards Annapurna South to Khopra ridge. From Khopra ridge you can see panoramic views of the entire Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountain range. The Khayar Lake is another attraction of this trek but it is optional for those who want to explore the lake and come back to Khopra danda. From Kopra danda you will descend to Swanta and then continue up to Ghorepani through Bayeli Kharka , and further hike up to Poonhill to enjoy the mountain view and finally ends in Pokhara. In conclusion, it is a short but not a difficult trek and the main thing is that only few people know about it.
Day 01: Arrival and transfer to the Hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara (by bus/flight an option)
Day 03: Drive from Pokhara to Ghandruk and Trek to Tadapani
Day 04: Tadapani to Bayali
Day 05: Bayali to Khopra Danda
Day 06: Explore day (Visit Khayar Lake)
Day 07: Khopra danda to Swanta
Day 08: Swanta to Ghorepani
Day 09: Ghorepani to Pokhara
Day 10: Pokhara to Kathmandu (by bus/flight an option)
Day 11: Final departure day
We will stay in a three-star hotel, (upgrade upon your request) located in Kathmandu and the tea house during hiking. All accommodations are shared by two people. Single room will be available based on the additional charge. The Himalayan Adventure Nepal will organize rooms with private as well as sharing basis. However, tea houses in some places have only shared toilets. It’s easy to find individual rooms in Kathmandu and low trekking trails, but can be difficult to find at higher altitudes.
On our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese cuisine and the most common international cuisine (Tibet, continent, Italy, India, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served at the tea house or the house menu, where we will spend the night and lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be served during the trek and at Kathmandu, only breakfast will be served. The hotel will also offer welcome and farewell dinner for the guest.
Is it possible for me?
Khopra Dada Trek is new as well as short and easy trek but it is demanding and suitable for passionate walkers who have the ability to walk at least 4-6 hours a day with a light rucksack at least the trekker need to be prepared physically and mentally as you might even need to walk 4 to 6 hours each day. Walking in higher altitude is more physically demanding than walking in the lower altitudes; however, if we have good health with average physical fitness, positive attitude, self-confidence and strong determination, we can accomplish the trek successfully. It will be better to have exercised and jogging regularly before embark on the trek to enhance our strength and stability. Past hiking experience is preferred but no technical skill is required. It is important that we consult with our doctor before booking this trek. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood disease should inform Himalayan Adventure Nepal before booking the trek.
HAN has provided all the information on its website. If you have any confusion please call us or email us anytime. We wish your happiness. Your happiness is our success. Adventure with lifetime experiences is our main mission in Nepal.
- Group Size1-15 pax
- DestinationKathmandu, Nepal
- Max Altitude4,660m
- MealsFull Board During Trek
- Accommodation3-star & Tea House
- Trip StyleLodge Trek
- ActivitySightseeing & Trekking
- Airport pick up and drop from/to Tribhuwan Intl Airport by private Car/Jeeb/Bus as per group size
- Welcome dinner in a typical Nepalese restaurant with cultural program at Kathmandu
- Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara and return to Kathmandu
- Accommodations in Kathmandu (2 nights) and Pokhara(2 nights) on Tourist Standard hotel with Breakfasts
- Local transport from Pokhara to Nayapul and from Nayapul to Pokhara
- Meal on full board (3 meals during the trekking(B/L/D) and tea /coffee)
- Teahouse accommodation (lodge) and home stay during the trek
- An English speaking, local government licensed trekking guide
- Required porters for carrying luggage during the trek (1 Porter for 2 Clients)
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for our trekking crew
- Purified Safe Drinking water during the trek
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket and Trekking Pole on Rental basis as per client’s requirement
- HAN Duffel bag and Trekking route map
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit
- TIM’s Card
- All our local and government taxes and service charge
- Final departure to Int’l airport to your onward destinations
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara (except welcome dinner )
- Personal expenses: phone call, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, mineral water & hot shower
- Rescues, repatriation, medicines, medical tests, and hospitalization expenses
- Tips for Guide and Porters
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in our Price Includes section