Langtang Valley Trek – Trip Overview
Langtang Valley Trek is one of the most underrated treks in Nepal. This makes it ideal for hikers looking for a quiet trek with few tourists. It takes only one day by car from the capital and is relatively short, so it is also suitable for trekkers for a limited time. It is also a moderate trek. So, if you want to have a taste of the Himalayas on the path less taken, Langtang is the place to be!
Your actual trek begins from Syabrubesi and passes through Lama Hotel, Mundu, Kyangjin Gompa, Tserko Ri, and then back to Lama Hotel and Syabrubesi. This takes 6 days to complete. But first, you need to drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi making a total of 11 days from arrival to departure. The Langtang Valley Trek takes you through the Langtang National Park, pristine cedar and rhododendron forests, and witness many endangered species such as musk deer, red panda, and many others. This trek features an expansive view of the Langtang Lirung (7,234 m/ 23,734 ft) and other peaks, and the trail runs through numerous lakes and glaciers. Also, you will experience the Tamang culture and have a unique lifestyle with a blend of Tibetan and Nepali cultures.
A trip to Kyanjin Gompa (on day 6), an ancient monastery believed to have been built over 700 years ago. Here, you will be awed by the many murals painted on the walls. In the surrounding village, there are cheese dairy products that produce Swiss-style hard alpine cheese. Grave a yak cheese, soap up the warm sunshine while admiring the surrounding mountains, and experience a blissful time away from the bindings of modern life. Likewise, at Tserko Ri (4,984 m/ 16,352 ft) the highest viewpoint of the trek, you get to enjoy magnificent views of Langtang Lirung (7,227 m/23,734 ft), Langtang Ri (7,205 m/23,638 ft), Dorje Lakpa (6,966 m/22,854 ft), Loenpo Gang (6,979 m/22,896 ft), Ganchenpo (6,387 m/20,955 ft), Yala Peak (5,520 m/18,110 ft), and Ganjala Peak (5,652 m/18,543 ft).
The best seasons for Trekking Langtang are October/November and March/May. You will require two permits to trek in the Langtang region. These are the Trekkers’ Information Management Systems (TIMS) and the Langtang National Park permit. TIMS cost for individual tourists is USD 20 per person and for group trekkers, it’s USD 10 per person while the Langtang National Park Permit costs USD 30 per person. It is a moderate grade trek so a person with a normal fitness level and ability to walk 5-6 hours/day should be able to undertake this trek with ease.
With Himalayan Adventure Nepal you are in good hands. Over the years, we have helped many travelers quench their thirst for adventure. With competent staff and experienced guides, we will fulfill your desire to experience the mountains in all their glory. With a professional yet friendly approach, we will be your travel companion and ensure you return home with sweet memories.
- The trek offers the exceptional diversity of Tibetan culture, lifestyle, and ethnicities.
- Expansive views of the Langtang Lirung (7,234 m/ 23,734 ft) and other peaks through peaceful ancient paths.
- Throughout your journey, you will be amazed by the enchanting views of snow-capped mountains, glaciers, floras, and fauna.
- Get to enjoy the panoramic views of the Langtang range and the expansive Langtang Valley from Tserko Ri.
- An opportunity to explore Kyangjin Gompa, the most important monastery in the Langtang region.
- Day 01 –Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m). Overnight at a Hotel.
- Day 02 –Guided Sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley. Overnight at a Hotel.
- Day 03 –Drive to Syabru Besi (1,462 m) on a Public Bus – 8 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
- Day 04 –Trek to Lama Hotel (2,500 m) – 5 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
- Day 05 –Trek to Mundu (3543m) – 6/7 hour. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
- Day 06 –Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,798 m ) – 4 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
- Day 07– Explore Tserko Ri (4984m) 7/8 hour
- Day 08 – Trek Back to Lama Hotel (2,500 m) – 5.5 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
- Day 09 –Trek to Syabru Bensi (1, 462 m) – 5 hours. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
- Day 10 –Drive Back to Kathmandu on a Public Bus – 8 hours. Overnight at a Hotel.
- Day 11 –Transfer to the International Airport for Your Final Departure.
We will be staying at 3 star hotels in Pokhara and Kathmandu and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis. And Single supplement will be served on request and will have additional cost. We will have rooms with attached washrooms in most parts of the trek but according to place it can be afforded. In higher elevations single rooms are not available like in Kathmandu and the lower elevation regions but Himalayan Adventure Nepal will do our best for your happiness.
All meals will be served during hiking, while Kathmandu and Pokhara only offer breakfast. The hotel will also offer welcome and farewell dinner. The most common dishes on most menus are Nepalese, Tibetan, Indian and the most common Continental.
Can I accomplish this trek?
Langtang Valley Trek 12 days is spectacular trip which is a moderate and suitable for trekkers who can walk at least 6-7 hours a day with a light backpack. You do not have any technical skill except your perfect physical health. To accomplish this trek you need to have basic good health However, it is always best to start jogging and exercising regularly at least a month before commencing the actual trek. If you have any disease please kindly inform to Himalayan Adventure Nepal.
Best Time to Travel
Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trek. If you have some other time than this we can customize and make the trip viable.
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. If you have some query please directly call us at any time .Your happiness is our success.
- Group Size1-15(Customize your Trip on Request)
- DestinationKathmandu, Nepal
- Max Altitude5,200 m/17,056 ft
- MealsFull Board During Trek
- Accommodation3-star & Tea House
- Trip StyleLodge Trek
- ActivitySightseeing and Trekking